The Blog and Ramblings of Greenman Photography and Imagery

Panoramamania and a Bluebell up me shnozle!

Twas a great day for blundering about with Mr Nikon yesterday. Found meself out in the woods a scarin furry critters with my special woodlands tourettes. Went out to some lovely old woodlands and once I had cleared out all the wildlife got some great images of  beds of bluebells.

Now to be honest I’m not a great fan of flowers, I used to work as a forester and if it wern’t a tree it were a weed! However, a woodland carpeted in bluebells or snowdrops is in my humbles is a truly beautiful sight. And I got a proper faceful yesterday. I even got one up me hooter as I got right down to the deck to check out all the angles,(fell over again) which resulted in a good couple of minutes of  one nostril tramp snotting as I tried to dislodge the insecty critter that had been sunning itself upon the aforementioned flower, I bet he had a story or two to tell the larva’s when he got home.

I took several shots with a view to stitchin them together in to panoramas when I got back. I think that they turned out pretty well seeing as they were all hand held, due to the fact that I’m a lazy arse.

Bluebells in Captains Wood ©LeeThornberry 2012

Path through the Bluebells Captains wood ©LeeThornberry 2012

Bluebells in Woodland clearing. ©LeeThornberry 2012

This one is of the the fens up in Cambridgeshire from the other morning. I think that I may have to set up a new image gallery on my website for panoramas so that you can zoom in on them to get more detail. I think here on the old bloggy blog blog you will have to click on the individual images to get a larger image.

19 responses

1. Very lovely. Yes, one does need to click to get a better look.

17/05/2012 at 9:01 am

• Yes thats the only real problem with this theme, with the gubbins to the side it limits the image size, but if it twas at the bottom it would be a helluva scroll 🙂

17/05/2012 at 1:32 pm

2. So green & beautiful~ Adore the bluebells, too!

17/05/2012 at 11:01 am

• Cheers thank you. It was a beautiful scene if a bit squidgy underfoot 🙂

17/05/2012 at 1:33 pm

3. oneowner

Nice shots. I’m a fan of the bluebells too!!! Nice stitching technique as well. Can you repair holes in the knees of my jeans?

17/05/2012 at 7:54 pm

• Cheers Ken 🙂 You run em through the scanner an I shall see what I can do!

18/05/2012 at 8:16 am

4. Get a grip man, trees are big flowers, flowers are small trees, all for one and one for all.
    Just wish the sun would shine on the bluebells up north

19/05/2012 at 7:48 am

5. Good words and excellent photos, Lee – as always your words make me smile! Adrian

19/05/2012 at 12:09 pm

• Cheers Adrian, always nice to hear from you 🙂

21/05/2012 at 10:43 am

6. I love the way you write 😀 you really have a knack for brightening up my day… and I adore bluebells. Fantastic snaps!

22/05/2012 at 8:14 am

• Thank you, I’m glad I brighten up someones day, makes it worthwhile 🙂

22/05/2012 at 6:06 pm

• More than you can imagine! 😀

26/05/2012 at 2:34 pm

7. I’ve been trying to get by to catch up with what you’ve been posting and I’m glad I did today. Clicking on this post I gave audible WOW! I’m sure my husband must have heard it in the next room. Funny about the bug … I have to be careful not to swallow them when I’m breathing hard while riding my bike up the hills here. I almost choked on a big flying bug once. It got halfway down and I couldn’t cough it up. I pictured it squirming its way down to my stomach. Yuck!

22/05/2012 at 4:13 pm

• I have inadvertantly swallowed so many bugs and critters whilst a blundering about in the woods that if I were to stop I’m sure my body would go into withdrawl! Cheers 🙂

22/05/2012 at 6:08 pm

8. Nice shots! Thanks for the likes on my photography blog. Appreciate it!

10/06/2012 at 8:47 pm