The Blog and Ramblings of Greenman Photography and Imagery

Ladies in Pants on a Clergyman

Ladies in pants on a clergyman I hear you gasp . . . . On an Abbott no less!  . . .  In fact an Abbot FV433 105mm Self Propelled Gun. Now thats not something you see everyday, well if it is I’m in the wrong job!

Tank Commander. FocxShoot.  ©LeeThornberry 2012

Sentry. FocxShoot ©LeeThornberry 2012

Crew1 FocxShoot ©LeeThornberry 2012

Crew2 FocxShoot ©LeeThornberry 2012

Crew3 FocxShoot ©LeeThornberry 2012

Crew4 FocxShoot. ©LeeThornberry 2012

Crew5 FocxShoot. ©LeeThornberry 2012

32 responses

1. Where the heck did you find this military equipment? This is a crazy awesome photo shoot.

19/10/2012 at 10:37 pm

2. I found em laying about in a field . . . and I Knew the bloke who owned the tank ! Boom Boom!! :oD

19/10/2012 at 10:39 pm

3. oneowner

These are seriously badass photos!!!

19/10/2012 at 10:56 pm

4. Cool shots – great color manipulation.

Thanks for sharing.

19/10/2012 at 11:05 pm

5. Great stuff! And what characters your models are!

19/10/2012 at 11:59 pm

6. Brian Artillery

Great pictures, yet again. I notice your surprise at the name of the AFV. There has been a long history of assigning ecclesiastical titles to heavy ordnance. There was the Bishop, a 25 Pounder mounted on a Valentine tank chassis: the M3 Priest, based on the American Lee tank chassis: the Sexton, based on a Canadian version of the M4 Sherman, and mounting a 25 Pounder. There was also an armoured command vehicle called the Deacon. Sorry. I’m a self confessed tank bore. Great site though. 🙂

20/10/2012 at 1:10 am

• Cheers Brian, No surprise at all. A keen military buff as a lad and the builder of many a 1:35 scale AFV, a regular frequenter of Bovi, Duxford and Lambeth. Also spent my time sittin in a hole in the ground drinking NATO standard awaiting the Red Menace that never appeared. Much the same in the way of a bore myself. Recently spent a fair amount of time researching the differences in the crew protection packages in the later Chieftain Mk’s for a model building buddy… Needs to get out more 😀

20/10/2012 at 6:49 am

7. Not quite All Gas & Gaiters. Another glass of sherry, Archdeacon?

20/10/2012 at 6:05 am

8. These are too cool!

20/10/2012 at 2:49 pm

9. Love these photos, Lee, these are really something else – a good break away from what most blogs that I look at usually post!

Also, haven’t heard from you for sometime – hope you’re fine! Adrian

20/10/2012 at 5:36 pm

• Cheers Adrian. Yep all good cheers just have been very very busy in other areas and also kinda ran out of photo-Oompff! for a while. Back now and shall try to make regular posts 🙂

22/10/2012 at 1:50 pm

10. Cools shots and nicely processed. Those guns look fun.

23/10/2012 at 12:32 pm

11. Very powerful!

23/10/2012 at 12:50 pm

12. Wicked cool! So much so I accidentally hit the like button twice! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

27/10/2012 at 5:40 pm

13. Great shoots, great black and white effects. Did you use silver effects by Nik software

04/11/2012 at 12:14 pm

• Cheers! Yes I picked up SEFP2 last year and its now my “go to” mono software. Having to reign in my urge to go mad with the sliders, its so tempting 🙂

04/11/2012 at 2:41 pm

14. AWESOME!

04/11/2012 at 2:38 pm

15. Ha ha! Love the title, love the girls, love the images! Yay!

04/11/2012 at 10:09 pm

• Cheers 🙂 I did a ” Yay!” once. Inappropriate at funerals apparently :/

05/11/2012 at 8:14 am

16. Wow! Unbelievably captivating photos on so many levels. These women are models, you say? Not military? I tell you I would feel very safe having these women protecting our shores! Looks to me like they wouldn’t even need the tanks.

08/11/2012 at 3:10 pm

17. Artsy and cool. Stokes the imagination.

16/11/2012 at 6:38 pm